This Perfect Pot Roast recipe is a family favorite around here! Best yet–it’s a crockpot recipe, and it’s perfect for crisp, busy weekends and chilly, lazy weekends alike. Pair it up with roasted potatoes and veggies, mashed potatoes, or noodles–whatever you like! You cannot mess up this recipe, and because I am so sure you’re going to love it, I’ve added a PDF for you to print and keep!
Perfect Pot Roast (in the crockpot!)
a large beef roast
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing/seasoning mix
1 package McCormick Au Jus mix
1 stick of butter
1. Put the roast in the crock pot, fatty side on top. (I use a crock pot liner to help the clean up process after dinner).
2. Tear open your seasoning packages.
3. Sprinkle Hidden Valley Ranch on top of your meat.
4. Sprinkle McCormick Au Jus on top of your meat.
5. This is where we take a Paula Deen detour. Unwrap the butter and put it on top of your meat.
6. Next, you carefully place 5 pepperoncinis around the butter that is on top of your meat.
(If you did it right, it should remind you of pretty much any picture from Stuff On My Cat…for example, see Geoffrey here. He looks like a piece of meat with stuff on him.)
7. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. When it’s done, it’ll be fork tender and AMAZING. And shrunken.
Click here to download and print a PDF copy of this Perfect Pot Roast recipe!